Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: eBook Thank You Page Does NOT Show Download Links

eBook Thank You Page Does NOT Show Download Links 7 years 5 months ago #3248

Hello Deian,

I see you upgraded to the ebookstore plugin 5.49...I had just purchased version .5.21 last week so the 5.21 version was in error?

Anyway, thanks for the emails with screenshots...I saw how the integration worked properly from other YouTube videos.

However, this newly installed plugin does not work fully. First, I have over 70 books uploaded in ebookstore, but the drop down selection only displays about 15 books to choose from. To test it further, I added one of the displayed products and the webpage does not show it properly (No cover, No info, just a template of sorts.)

Please feel free to test this plugin out in my website since you have my signon info.

With regards to the Mailchimp plugin that does not work/integrate either, is this related to this ebookstore plugin? I am also asking my host to verify capability as well.

Many thanks as we continue to forge a solution.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

eBook Thank You Page Does NOT Show Download Links 7 years 5 months ago #3253

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello Patty,

I'll release an update regarding the first issue.

Regarding mailchimp, it actually works, if it's not showing up the mailing list dropdown it means that the hosting provider is limiting outbound connections and you can't connect to mailchimp API.

Update coming asap! :)
Thanks
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: reachme@pattyann.net

eBook Thank You Page Does NOT Show Download Links 7 years 4 months ago #3295

Thought I'd give an update.....

I ended up having to uninstall Wordpress and reinstalling the backup, which solved most of the issues I was having on this thread! Ugh, on the learning curse...oops curve! ;)

Anyway, because I sell so many books (over 100+) I decided to utilize Woocommerce's Storefront instead for selling my ebooks.

I do think you have a very good plugin. It has some nice features. So, Thank YOU for your help!
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by reachme@pattyann.net. Reason: clarity

eBook Thank You Page Does NOT Show Download Links 7 years 4 months ago #3299

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi there,

Thanks for the update, I've actually released a new update taking care of the ebook store dropdown issue you mentioned.

Let me know if you ever need my help. I would love to assist.

Thanks!
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

eBook Thank You Page Does NOT Show Download Links 7 years 4 weeks ago #3404

I have a related issue. My Thank You page is properly displaying the download links, but a few buyers haven't noticed the links and complained that they never got their ebook. One of them complained directly to Paypal on March 3, and although I responded within 1/2 hour by emailing him the ebooks, and he wrote Paypal telling them he received them, cc-ing me, Paypal refunded his money the next day. I battled with their dysfunctional complaint process ever since 3/5, and after 8 appeals and a message to Paypal through Facebbok they finally reversed the charge-back today -- 2 weeks later.

Is there a way to make the download links larger and more conspicuous? And maybe have a prominent notice at the top of the thank you page saying PLEASE DOWNLOAD YOUR EBOOK FROM THE LINKS PROVIDED BELOW?

That probably won't solve the problem for everyone. Some people were expecting a separate email with the links. Also is there some way we can put a tracking ID on it to show they downloaded them?

I expect this to eventually happen again.

By the way, thank you very much for a wonderful addin. I sold over 90 books since January 17. It would have been horribly time consuming to fulfill the orders without your wonderful product.

Brenda

eBook Thank You Page Does NOT Show Download Links 7 years 4 weeks ago #3405

• admin
  • Administrator
Hello Brenda,

There is a separete email with the download linnks if the email delivery is enabed, if it's not working, you can make sure wordpress outbound emails are properly setup using a plugin like easy wp smtp.
Regarding the thank you page template, you can simply mark the downloadlinks part and make it larger with the built in wordpress html editor.

Regarding download tracking id - there is a download counter for each order under Orders.

Thanks!
Plugin Developer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds