Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thanks, and some suggestions for enhancements

Thanks, and some suggestions for enhancements 7 years 5 months ago #3250

The Ebook plug in worked really well out of the box. Our only issue is we've lost data for about 5% of our orders in Ebook store - due to a timeout or some other unknown issue - ie. the purchase appears in PayPal but they have not been successfully stored into the completed Orders in Ebook Store. (which means they do not get their download link or Welcome email).

Based on selling about 400 Ebooks so far I have some respectful suggestions :

1. If EBook store sends a transaction to PayPal that doesn't successfully complete and end up back at the Thank You Page, it would be great to have some list of errors or warnings available in the Ebook store which would make it easier to investigate when a buyer says they didn't get their product. ie. if Ebook store knows someone clicked a Buy button, but that order doesn't complete, it could be listed as an Abandoned Cart Or Paypal non-completion type item. (Later being able to match the email address of the buyer with PayPal would allow an email to be sent to abandoned cart users to offer them the Ebook again, for example)

2. A Coupon Code facility would be great - so a Buy Now page could have a voucher that when entered allows a 10% or 20% discount for example, before sending to PayPal. Ideally the discount voucher code could have a time limit and a number of transactions eg.
Voucher name : ABCXYZ20
Discount : ___ % or $ _____
Number of uses : [ ] Unlimited or ____ uses before expiration
Voucher valid till : [ ] Forever or expires on dd mmm yy

3. In EBook admin it would be nice to be able to export a CSV file of Buyer detail (especially name and email address) to be able to populate newsletter list (I don't like Mailchimp and want to use another) and also to match data against PayPal data. If the query could have date range and other search ability that could be useful (eg. export report for only a certain eBook or for just a particular date range)

4. It would be cool to be able to add manual orders (especially for those that are already in PayPal but have failed to be shown in Ebook Store) which also makes the relevant encryption and other changes to a copy of the EBook (as it is we have to send a non-editable version of the PDF eBook rather than the personalized link they should get from the EBook order)

Regardless of those suggestions, The EBook Store plug in is really impressive and works incredibly well based on the purchase price and active support offered.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by carl@watneys.com.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thanks, and some suggestions for enhancements 7 years 5 months ago #3252

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Here are my comments on your suggestions:
2. Coupon code feature is coming, but right now it's possible to use it if you integrate with WooCommerce.
3. This is coming asap. ;)
4. There is such option, it's in the Ebook Store menu, there you can add an order manually and the email is delivered with encrypted copy as via normal order process.

Thank you again, I'll keep up with the support and I'm planning tons of new features!
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com

Thanks, and some suggestions for enhancements 7 years 5 months ago #3264

Thanks Deian, I have now tested the manual addition of an order and it works great. I think it was only not working when my SMTP plugin was malfunctioning.

Thanks, and some suggestions for enhancements 7 years 5 months ago #3268

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Thanks for the update Carl!
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds