Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Variable Product

Variable Product 7 years 1 month ago #3391

Can I add a variable product where one variation is an Ebook(digital) and the other one a paperback(physical) and how do I do that. I ask because I think this is the preferable solution from a SEO point of view (don't have to use rel canonical) AND it should convert better - less pages/products to view and decide = less steps in the sales funnel.
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Variable Product 7 years 1 month ago #3399

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello,

Actually right now I don't think it will work as a variation... I may look into that this week and see what can be done.

Thanks
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: miket@implicitsuccess.com

Variable Product 7 years 1 month ago #3403

There are a lot of reasons why an integration of this sort would work great:
  • SEO Benefits - no duplicate content issue, no rel canonical needed
  • Reviews Benefits - it makes it that much easier to collect reviews for a single product (book title) than for an Ebook and a Hardcover
  • Conversion Rate Benefits - less steps needed for the customer to buy the product
  • Makes the plugin that much more usable and scalable by authors that might not know these technical details, but that will get an easy to use and more profitable solution for their books

Please let me know if this can be easily done or if I can purchase an additional plugin that will help me accomplish this.

P.S. I have a client breathing down my neck and asking how he can get reviews on his book and I would rather do it well from the very beginning an not have to sort and aggregate ebook and hardcover reviews. :ohmy:

Thank you

Variable Product 7 years 1 week ago #3426

Anything new or should I start searching for another plugin?
A simple:
  • I may do it in the future, but now I don't have the time for it
  • yeah, sure, it's easy enough to implement and I'll do it asap
  • this is out of the scope of support
  • go away
  • this will have an additional cost of $___
will help me take a decision fast than 6 weeks that passed from the original question. Which might as well be an eternity when you are working in a customer centered environment.

That is why I have a rule of thumb to choose plugins and themes based on the support they offer. A piece of code with bad support/no updates will ruin your business in no time. :dry:

Well, good luck, carry on.

Variable Product 7 years 1 week ago #3428

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello Mike,

Sorry I didn't really meant to make you feel ignored, I actually took your tip into my todo list and I am absolutely adding it, I should have replied to let you know though. My apologies!

Your suggestion makes a lot of sense and I will add it as soon as I can, It is hard for me to estimate the amount of work that will be required, but I will work on that hoping to get it implemented as soon as the next update.

Thank you and excuse me for the late reply, I should have done it earlier at the moment I saw your post.

Kind regards,
Deian
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: miket@implicitsuccess.com

Variable Product 7 years 5 days ago #3439

No worries, thanks for the update. Good luck and carry on the good work.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds