Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Price in different currencies

Price in different currencies 10 years 6 months ago #1207

• monkeyman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Recently I hit some pretty rare issue with prices in US. PayPal came to Russia at last, but now we have a limitation: transactions between Russian citizens can be made only in Russia. Most of my customers are from other countries, but there're some locals as well. My prices are all in USD and PayPal account is fixed to Russian Federation, so when anyone from Russia tries to buy anything from me, he is getting a message, that transaction can only be held in rubles.

I wonder, is it possible to add a feature to let people choose currency and convert price from USD correspondingly?

For example, I put initial price in USD and add rubles to available currencies list. Customers from Russia will choose rubles and price will be automatically converted to this currency. There're plenty currency autoconverters, so implementing this shouldn't be a problem.

There also should be a "fee" for conversion to "equalize" prices in other currencies, because conversion is always made according to Central Bank quotations.
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by monkeyman.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Price in different currencies 10 years 6 months ago #1241

• monkeyman
  • Senior Boarder
Well, since I didn't get any reply on this, I've decided to create my own plugin to convert prices. Hope, you won't be angry if I leave a link to it here:

thekrotek.com/index.php?option=com_conte...cle&id=40&Itemid=205

And yes, it is compatible with your great component!

Price in different currencies 10 years 6 months ago #1243

• admin
Dear Monkeyman,

I'm not sure why I see this thread just now, how come I missed it I have no idea, may be I marked it read while I was tired and forgot to have a look again.

Well done for making that plugin! I may make a Russian translation of my homepage and feature it there with ta link.

Price in different currencies 10 years 6 months ago #1251

• monkeyman
  • Senior Boarder
Not sure, why you need Russian translation, but my developer's site is whole English. Russian is my native language, thus my customers tend to be a local dudes from time to time. That's all :-)
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds