Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can't offer 100% discount

Can't offer 100% discount 8 years 9 months ago #2641

• CeltcWebs
I have a customer that I purchased your component to use it on his website.

I have two issues and this is the 2nd one (other is related to VAT and I've opened separate thread).

My customer wants to be able to offer his product free to certain people via a coupon. The problem is that if I create a coupon for 100% it fails to work correctly. You enter the coupon and it says it's applied but then we get a blank screen. I'm assuming this is related to the payment module being Paypal and it not being able to handle zero values, I assumed at this point it would ask for an email address instead of payment to send out the details to that address but instead I just get a blank screen.

How can I get this to work please? It's important that he be able to offer products free to certain clients while needing them still to purchase through the website to collect their email address.

I have already put a support ticket in last Thursday but have not received a reply yet which is a little concerning at this point because my client is on my back to get it working on his website in the way he wants it to.

I look forward to your prompt reply.

Regards
Huw
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't offer 100% discount 8 years 9 months ago #2643

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Dear Huw,

I was away due to personal matters, I wouldn't want you to feel ignored. Of course I wou ld help you out.

I think I already replied via email on this but just in case here it is again:
Please turn off google ecommerce tracking if you use it, that is most likely the cause of the white screen. Somehow their javascript is not compatible with the jquery routine and it resulted in such behavior.

Please try that and let me know, thats on the first page in quicksell settings.

Regards,
Deian
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com

Can't offer 100% discount 8 years 9 months ago #2646

• CeltcWebs
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. That does in deed stop the blank page and shows the page of downloads. However, I can't work out how the customer woful get to that page again at a later date without having a functional coupon again. They don't get emailed the links because it hasn't had their email address from paypal to send anything to or signed them up to the website.

Is there a simple way to collect their email during the checkout procedure and sign them up automatically to the website? I see silent registration as an option but can't see how it can work on a product where no payment was collected.

Can't offer 100% discount 8 years 9 months ago #2648

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello!

Use the "Fill a form" feature to generate a custom form and get the desired info before coupon is filled in.

Cheers
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds