Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bundled Files - Documentation Available?

Bundled Files - Documentation Available? 8 years 9 months ago #2657

Is there any documentation available to guide the use of bundled files?

Specifically, I'd like to be able to sell my files both as individual files, and also as part of a bundle. (like an mp3 single song, and also a collection of songs as a downloadable music CD.) I played with this in "Files" in Quicksell, and when I clicked "Bundle" it seemed to changed the original file to ONLY package with the other files in the bundle, losing the ability to sell as an individual project. I had to "Delete Bundle" to return the products to individual files.

Is there a way of making it work both ways - as a bundle, and also as an individual file?
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by carrie.wrigley@gmail.com.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bundled Files - Documentation Available? 8 years 9 months ago #2658

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Hi Carrie,

I think I replied via email, but here it is again in case I'm wrong.

Yes right now if a file is bundled, it's always bundled and can't be sold as a single file unless copy is uploaded / created.

Easiest would be to directly copy the complete uploads folder as a subfolder, quicksell will detect the files and you won't need to reupload everything again and you will be able to use the new copies and sell them as single products.

Cheers
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Need fast web hosting service? Use our SSDShared.com
Get 1 month free cPanel MOCHA LATTE package with coupon: SHOPFILES1MONTH
It works great with both Joomla and WordPress.
How fast? demo.ssdshared.com

Bundled Files - Documentation Available? 8 years 9 months ago #2659

How many of levels of subfolders is Quicksell equipped to recognize? I had thought there wasn't a limit, so I built some subfolders of subfolders - but then couldn't select them in Quicksell Files until I reuploaded them into a primary folder. In other words:

Shared Uploads/Topic 1/ Topic 1a-Recordings / Recording 1 / Song 1 In this instance, Song 1 wouldn't generate functioning Quicksell button; whereas:
Shared Uploads/ Recording 1 / Song 1 In this instance, Song 1 would generate a button - but this kind of system would leave me with a very long list of folders coming out of my Shared Uploads folder - rather than nested within categorized folders as I'd hoped to do (like in Finder on my Mac). Am I missing something here?

Also - When you talk about copying into a subfolder, I assume you're talking about doing so in FTP? How does one copy and paste within FTP? I looked through their menus and documentation but didn't see anything about this. I'd love to be able to just copy and paste, as you suggest to deal with the Bundled Files - please teach me how.

Bundled Files - Documentation Available? 8 years 9 months ago #2664

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi Carrie,

You can copy the files via some file manager like the one in cPanel.

Regarding the subfolders, if it hasn't recognized a subfolder, you just need to do a double refresh of the window and it should show up. So far it has been working without any trouble here but if you wish you can send me login to have a look.

Cheers
Plugin Developer
e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Bundled Files - Documentation Available? 8 years 9 months ago #2665

• admin
  • Administrator
And also I forgot to mention, there are no limitations in subfolder count.
Plugin Developer
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds