Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: enablaing "allow_url_fopen"

enablaing "allow_url_fopen" 11 years 7 months ago #641

• nalarid
  • Fresh Boarder
Joomla strongly advises on not allowing this. If I enable this to use Quicksell, am I compromising the security of my website by doing this?

Also, I don't know where to enable it. In my system settings, I see it turned off. How do I turn it on? I don't even have a php.ini file in my root folder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: enablaing "allow_url_fopen" 11 years 7 months ago #643

• admin
Hello Nalarid,

You don't have to worry about it. Joomla is a secure solution and if your site is vulnerable to a remote file inclusion exploit, that won't be Joomla's fault, but some third party software. The software I'm selling is running on more than a thousand sites. So far no one has reported security issues.

This setting must be turned on, so that QuickSell can connect to PayPal and check if the payment is real and protect you against spoofed transactions. This makes it impossible for hackers to steal your file.

Re: enablaing "allow_url_fopen" 11 years 7 months ago #646

• nalarid
  • Fresh Boarder
That's just it - I have no idea how to turn it on. Please let me know how I enable it then.

Re: enablaing "allow_url_fopen" 11 years 7 months ago #648

• admin
Hello,

You can create a php.ini in your joomla folder (you may need to copy it under both main and administrator folder to make it work)

The content should be like this:
allow_url_fopen = 1
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds