Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PDF Orientation

PDF Orientation 11 years 7 months ago #654

• ocon
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi i am trying to sell travel guides in PDF format. I have diferent kind of books, and some of them are designed in landscape orientation and others in Portrait orientation. Anywhere we control with the design the orientation that we need for each book.

However in the Quicksell configuration we must choose instead landscape or portrait, and that is a big problem since some guides are right and others are wrong... i don´t understand why the component control the file format, that should depend from the PDF design.

Is there anyway to solve that problem?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: PDF Orientation 11 years 7 months ago #658

• admin
Hello,

Due to the encryption component used in quicksell, we need to have it as is on the config.

Having the setting per file though it's not a bad idea and it is doable. May be I should add that under the button generator form where you select the button design and generate code?

Re: PDF Orientation 11 years 6 months ago #660

• ocon
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes i think it should be that option for each file, otherwise the component is not usefull at all for my purpose.
Moreover when you choose Portrait orientation, it crops in A4 size, our books are in A5 size, so we have an ugly white frame around, and since them are to be readed from smarthphones it is imposible to keep in that way.

Tell me if there is any quick solution or way to desactivate it from the code, since we have our shop online and need to find a solution or look for another component...

Thanks.

Re: PDF Orientation 11 years 6 months ago #661

• admin
Hello,

I will come up with an update for this in next few days. Until then may be you can turn encryption off, so files won't get cropped or that is not an option?

Re: PDF Orientation 11 years 6 months ago #676

• ocon
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, has you done any change about the orientation? For the moment i have disabled the encription and it works fine, but i have to use not encripted files.

Moreover when i activate the encription, sometimes i become this error when i try to download some PDF:

FPDF error: Unable to find xref table - Maybe a Problem with 'auto_detect_line_endings'

Do you know what that means?

Greets

Re: PDF Orientation 11 years 6 months ago #680

• admin
Hello,

As far as I know this problem comes from the pdf compression when the original pdf was generated. See if you can use another pdf compression or use the raw file. Encrpytion will work then.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds